NOTE: I have only just begun compiling this list, it’s a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be.
- 10 Acres: good ambiance, nice place to sit at the bar, the food is grown on their own local farm
- The Beagle: biased because my best friend works here, great pub, great servers
- Bin 4: Amazing burgers.
- Brasserie L’école: this food is incredible. Be prepared to wait though because they do not take reservations and are always jam packed full.
- Bubby’s: Great chicken fingers with wasabi honey mustard.
- Cafe Brio: great ambiance and the servers really know how to pair your meal.
- Caffe Fantastico (Humboldt Valley): First, the coffee is awesome. Second, I am a sucker for breakfast sandwiches, and they do a great one on Sundays. The bread is from fol epi, one of my other favourite bakeries in Victoria. Also, on Wednesday happy hour glasses of wine are only $3. I usually frequent the Dockside Green location for my coffee, because I love the baristas there and Suz at the bakery, but every location is great.
- Curry: Located in Mayfair Mall it is hands down my new favourite curry in the city. Not only is it VERY reasonably priced, the food it completely made from scratch and authentic. This family owned business is awesome. The staff are so nice and helpful even though it is a quick interaction. Unfortunately it is right by my office so it takes a lot of willpower not to eat there every day.
- Fiamo: A local haunt, sit at the bar and have a cocktail or a nice glass of wine and eat one of their yummy pizzas
- Glo: I just like the patio and happy hour
- Green Leaf Bistro: My friend Ginette and I go here about once a week for salad roles. Plus you get free tea and extra smiley service.
- Il Terrazzo: delicious everything.
- La Taquisa: awesome 5 tacos for $10
- Lure: again, patio on the inner harbour, great happy hour
- Masala Bites
- Heron Rock Bistro: The owner is rad, happy hour starts at 8 which is amazing, and the food is super good.
- Jade Fountain Restaurant: The best authentic lunch time dim sum. They will bring a cart right up to your table (and continue to with other options while you eat) for you to choose. Everything is delicioussss. If you don’t like being rushed or loud crowds, or sneaking through a back door next to a strip club, it’s probably not for you.
- The Northern Quarter: A friend of a friend Benji recently opened this place, great vibe, great food, great music.
- Jam Cafe: a great breakfast/brunch hangout. Their Caesars are very well garnished!
- Pagliacci’s: this is where my mum and dad went on their first date over 35 years ago…tight seating but great live music and amazing food.
- Part and Parcel
- Prima Strada
- Tacofino: Started up as a food truck and have opened aDeliciousness. Also…KH Silver Nails is right next door. Best place, best price, best service in town for a mani /pedi. Lunch at Tacofino then get pampered.
- Atlas Cafe: Amazing tacos. The most authentic I have tried yet.
- The Hen and Hog Cafe : my friend recently opened this little breakfast spot in Courtenay. It’s a gem!
- Wolf in the Fog: The food is super but the Cedar Sour Cocktail….I’d go just for that. Actually I’d go just for any of their cocktails.
- Ask for Luigi: Bunch. Oh. My. Damn.
- Bao-Bei: Which means ‘precious’ in Chinese…this is one of my favourite places in Vancouver. Located in China Town it is truly a little gem.
- Hummus Brothers Tapas Bar: I was one of the originals at this restaurant when it opened, and everyone became like family to me, so I have nothing but good things to say about the food and the people who own this place. My favourite dishes were the Risotto Balls and the Crab Dip (which may not be on the menu any more). If you are ever visiting Northern B.C please stop in!
- Nancy O’s: Another restaurant I was there for in the beginning and super proud to have been a part of. My friends Eoin and Garrett have made this place one of THE places to be in PG. They have an awesome beer list, great comedy nights, live music, great company and food.
- Cimo Mediterranean Grill: I have eaten a LOT of pasta, and this restaurant still quite possibly has the best pasta dish I have ever had. Oh and also the stuffed chicken…there is a marsala cream sauce poured over it that no other sauce has beaten. My best friend also works here. Say hi to Dewy for me.
- The Copper Pig: A cool hangout space with a great beer list and tasty BBQ
Okanagan (Kelowna, Penticton, Peachland etc.)
- Max’s Wine Dive: To be fair this is the only place I’ve actually ever eaten in Atlanta, but the deep fried chicken was GOOD.
- Alamo Draft House: You can eat, drink and watch a movie here. My experience was a Monty Python Quote Along. It is Quentin Tarantino favourite movie theatre.
- Fresa’s: Tacos!!! Walk up, grab a few to go and venture up to the castle where there is some amazing graffiti to look at.
- Taco Deli: BEST breakfast tacos and burritos.
- Torchy’s: Damn Good Tacos. They are also pretty big with a lot of filling.
- Sugar Shack BBQ: BBQ is a must in Texas. This is the first place we went and it was mouthwatering, second helping worthy.
Fair Hope, AB:
- The Coffee Loft: I only stopped into this artsy little town briefly but had a good cappuccino here. They also play good tunes.
New Orleans, LA:
- District Donuts: Everything about this place is SO GOOD I wish I could have ordered everything off the menu. Donuts, Sliders and exceptional coffee.
- Johnny’s Po Boys: Classic Po Boy!! Get one to go then go up and sit by the Mississippi River
- New York Pizza: On Magazine St. you can get a big yummy slice of pizza and a pint for $5. Pretty good!
- Sitka and Spruce: Lovely place with a great staff.